From an interview with a daredevil explorer who quit his office job to climb the world’s tallest mountains to going behind the scenes of our favorite local motorcycle shop in DTLA, 2017 hit all the high notes. Plus, we delivered fresh beard care tips and much-needed wakeup calls, including giving you the real deal behind the gnarly ingredients that often sneak their way into beard products (which, of course, you’ll never find in our stuff). Settle in and read on for the interviews, tips, stores, and products worth revisiting!
Here’s to an epic 2018,
The Zeus Team
- The truth behind the 7 biggest beard myths. This one is a must-read
- Which Zeus Beard brush should you use?
- Break these 5 bad beard care habits now, or you may be sabotaging your beard care routine
- Don’t put stuff on your beard blindly. Here are 4 ingredients to avoid
- The illustrated guide to using beard oil and beard balm together
- Skincare isn’t the sexiest subject, but your skin – and beard – will thank you for it. Read up with our skincare guide
- Mountaineer, photographer, and explorer Chris Brinlee Jr.
- We catch up with one of our first beard profile subjects: photographer and director Franck Trozzo Kazagui
- Woodworker and musician Zach Chilson
Stores We Dig
- Manready Mercantile, a Houston, TX-based men’s general store with a commitment to carrying local goods
- Motorcycle garage/hangout spot/jam session-ready Lucky Wheels Garage in DTLA
- A longtime Zeus favorite: Tankfarm & Co., a Newport Beach, CA-based store that designs and crafts its own wares
Stuff We Want
This And That
- Go behind the scenes of our Summer 2017 Lookbook shoot
- 5 things you didn’t know about No Shave November
- What’s the best beard style for your face shape?
- Just for kicks: 10 fun beard trends to try