Beards. Since they exploded they’ve been the subject of scientific scrutiny, memes, restaurant hygiene regulations, and general, good old-fashioned controversy. There’s simply a lot happening with us bearded folk. So we’ve decided to begin a recurring feature called “Best of the Web," where we will bring you the latest in beard and moustache news so you can keep tabs on your bearded brothers.
As always, we believe in community and encourage comments, discussion, and good vibes. Let us know what you think of this new feature in the comments below – or give us a shout out on our Instagram or Facebook.
The Zeus Team
- Burt Shavitz, cofounder and bearded face of Burt’s Bees, dies at 80. (Washington Post)
- “Suicide Squad” Director David Ayer personally trimmed Captain Boomerang’s beard and mutton chops to make sure it looked suitably terrible. (Screen Rant)
- We usually don’t venture into Kardashian news territory, but Khloe Kardashian’s famous new guy has the World’s Greatest Beard (and in keeping with Kardashian tradition, he’s an athlete). (Just Jared)
- Two of the most recent court cases to rely on the Hobby Lobby decision involved the right to grow beards. (USA Today)
- According to this writer, the era of the hipster is over – to be replaced by the era of the yuccie, or the Young Urban Creative. A descendant of the hipster, the yuccie is different from the hipster in that he’s corporate savvy and more of a moustache than a beard guy. (Mashable)
- Steven Colbert debuts a snow-white beard on the season finale episode of Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, looking both unrecognizable and 20 years older. (Paste Magazine)