It’s August, and we’re betting that even if you live somewhere way up north that it’s getting downright hot and humid. The dog days of summer can be pretty hard for us bearded folk. But fear not – in this edition of Best of the Web, we find summer beard care tips to keep you and your beard comfy during this sweltering month.
We also bring you the latest in bearded news, like Vin Diesel’s huge (and sadly, fake) beard for his new movie, how James Harden’s beard landed him an Adidas contract, and much more from the bearded community.
As always, remember to beard on.
The Zeus Team
- Charlie Hunnam and Robert Pattison have both gone grizzly for their upcoming movie The Lost City of Z. Cue female swooning. (MoviePilot)
- James Harden has been offered a $200 million contract with Adidas. The biggest selling point? His epic beard, which has made him one of the most marketable athletes in sports. (iSportsWeb)
- Test your facial hair fortitude this Saturday at the LA Facial Hair Society’s Beard & Moustache Competition, at the Avalon in Hollywood. (Zeus Beard Blog)
- If you’ve ever wondered how Vin Diesel would look like with a beard – we’re talking full shag - just check out the new movie trailer for The Last Witch Hunter. (io9)
- Dog days of summer got your beard down? See it through this last brutal month with summer beard maintenance tips. (Bloomberg)
- Texas prisoners are now allowed to wear beards for religious reasons, another win from the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in January. (Texas Tribune)
P.S. Check out previous Best of the Web articles here.