1. Describe yourself in one word.
2. What is it that you do and why?
Musician/Model/Photographer. I chose all of these because they keep my mind thinking creatively. I think a lot.. so this helps me think positively and helps me be better at what I do, as well as be a better person. It is also a great way to meet people and to make a friend or even a best friend.
3. Your photos on Instagram and tumblr provoke an interesting story / feel about you as a person. What is one interesting thing about you?
One interesting thing about me is that I am never satisfied... I'm always thinking of something. It's almost like a disease... but it keeps me going as a person.
4. What is your greatest fear and have you conquered it?
My greatest fear is not being the best I can be.. or being lazy. I think I am getting better at it. It's scary, but I know I will conquer it one day.
5. What is it about music that you love so much?
Oh man, so many emotions about music. I love how it makes you feel. It's like it vibrates through your body and gives you this adrenaline rush that is so powerful. It's beautiful.
6. Would you call yourself a creative and why?
Yes, because I am always creating... either music, pictures, coffee, etc. I would go nuts if I wasn't able to create.
7. Who takes all your pictures for you?
I'll just name a few favorites of mine. Benjamin Combs, Maria Camila, Brecken Jones, Haley Nord, Alex Mcdonell, Callie Mcmullin, and so much more. There are so many creative and talented photographers in Utah... it is ridiculously great.
8. You have a unique style that works well. Who was the most influential person to you as a child and why?
The drummer of Underoath and singer of The Almost, "Aaron Gillespie". I just loved how passionate he was and is with music. It is 90% of the reason why I am still playing music today. Thank you for that Aaron.
9. Where do you see yourself in the next year?
I see myself knowing more people and being a better photographer, musician, and model. I also see me learning more and more about life. I never want to stop moving and creating. I hope to be out of Utah in a year or so and to be traveling as well.
10. Working as a creative, seeking adventures and living in a pretty rad state, the one question we are all dying to get answered is what influenced you to grow your beard? And how long have you had a beard?
I remember when I was like 15 I would look at dudes' beards and be so jealous. I thought to myself I would never be able to grow one so thick... and somehow, years later, I was able to. So, I said screw it and started growing it out. I have had it for about 6 months now and it's not going anywhere for a while... unless someone randomly shaves it off in my sleep. It's a nightmare I have had haha.
Find Mark on Instagram. Check out Mark's website here.