Beard Care 101:
All About Beard Conditioner
What Is Beard Conditioner
Beard conditioner is a moisturizing wash-out treatment specially-formulated for facial hair. This product usually features ingredients that both nourish the skin and hair and lock in moisture for a healthier, more comfortable beard or mustache.
Why You Should Use Beard Conditioner
Most annoyances suffered by bearded men are caused by a lack of hydration in your skin and facial hair—tightness, itchiness, and beard dandruff to name a few. Beard conditioner remedies this by nourishing your skin with nutrients and vitamins and locking in moisture with carrier oils. The result is softer, more manageable facial hair in addition to supple and comfortable skin.
Beard conditioner is also a great beard care product if you prefer not to use a leave-in beard conditioner like beard oil, beard balm, or beard cream/butter. While it certainly is not a 100% substitute for a leave-in conditioner, it certainly is useful for those with certain preferences.
Who Should Use Beard Conditioner
- Anyone with a beard or moustache
- Those with itchy and/or uncomfortable facial hair
- Those with tangled beard hair
- Those that feel tightness in the skin beneath their facial hair
- Those with beard dandruff or flakiness
- Those that don't want to use beard oil or beard balm
How Do You Use Beard Conditioner
1. Cleanse your beard or moustache with your favorite beard wash or shampoo, and rinse thoroughly.
2. Dispense nickel-sized amount of beard conditioner into palm, and distribute the beard conditioner evenly on your hands.
3. Work the beard conditioner through your facial hair and to the skin beneath. Make sure to coat the tips of your facial hairs.
4. Leave in your facial hair for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the conditioner to absorb.
5. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Our beard conditioner is chock-full of nourishing ingredients that will elevate your beard game to a godly level:
- Pro-Vitamin B5: Also known as d-panthenol, this is a humectant that heals and protects the skin by promoting the regeneration of tissue that is more solid and elastic. What’s a humectant? It’s a water-binding substance that attracts and retains water for a more hydrated beard.
- Aloe Vera: This natural ingredient also heals the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s effective at locking in moisture in your skin and hair and contains a slew of antioxidants to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy.
- Jojoba Seed Oil: A natural carrier oil that strengthens your hair with vitamins C, B, and E. This natural ingredient locks moisture in your skin and hair to prevent dandruff and itchiness.
Q. Can I use regular hair conditioner in my beard or moustache?
A. Yes, you can use your regular hair conditioner in your facial hair. Hair conditioners are formulated with the same idea in mind as a beard conditioner in that it is meant to nourish the skin and hair and lock in moisture. Beard conditioner is ideal to use because it is made specifically for this sensitive area of your face. You’re less likely to experience irritation from the ingredients in beard conditioners than the ones in hair conditioner.
Q. Will beard conditioner help me grow a beard?
A. No, beard conditioner will not help you grow a beard. It will simply keep your beard and the skin beneath healthy and looking great.
Q. Can I use beard conditioner with my beard oil and beard balm?
A. Certainly! Using a beard wash, beard conditioner, and beard oil or beard balm ensures you have the most healthy, comfortable, and soft beard in the cosmos!
- Beard and Mustache
- Hair and Body
- Gift Sets