You’ve finally done it. You’ve grown the beard of your dreams. Now it’s time to go into maintenance mode to keep that mane looking fresh. One frequently asked question is, “Do I need to wash my beard?” and “How often do I need to wash my beard?”. We’re here to answer all your beard care questions concerning hygiene and cleanliness.
What is Beard Wash?
Let’s go back to basics and answer some of your most asked questions. Beard wash or Beard Shampoo is just that, a shampoo specifically made for your beard. Unlike regular shampoos designed for your heard, a beard wash is specially formulated to provide a more gentle clean. Beard shampoo does not strip away natural oils in your beard that allow it to thrive.
How Often Should I Wash My Beard?
How often you should wash your beard can vary for each person depending on how much exposure you have to dirt or grime you have in your life. On average though, we recommend you wash your beard every other day. However if Royal Shave’s Beard Shampoo is gentle enough to be used on the daily. It was formulated to cleanse any impurities that have built up in your beard without drying it out and causing flakiness. If you want to take the extra step to maintain beard health, then consider using a beard conditioner in conjunction with your beard shampoo. Using a product like Zeus Beard Conditioner, will assist in softening your beard to ensure long lasting hydration that fights brittle texture.
How To Use Beard Shampoo
- Wet your beard. Whether your in the shower or using the sink, go ahead and dunk your beard into some water.
- While your beard is still wet , apply the beard shampoo into your palm and then apply to the length of your beard. The amount you use may vary depending on how long your beard is.
- Now gently massage the shampoo into your beard. Create a lather and be sure to have the product reach all the hair and into the skin underneath as well. A quality beard wash will act as a cleanser for the beard as well as your skin and typically will not lather as much as traditional soaps, as that contributes to dryness.
- After washing all areas of your beard, rinse the lather clean. Use your hands to continue washing until all the shampoo is removed and the water runs clear. Follow up with Beard Conditioner if you wish, with the same instruction.
- Take a towel and gently pat your beard dry. Although it may be tempting, do not vigorously rub your beard with the towel. This motion contributes to breakage, frizziness and split ends. To prevent this, use a gentle patting and scrunching action to dry.
After Care: Beard Oil or Beard Balm
Now that your beard is squeaky clean it’s time to think about after care. Although, beard washes are more gentle than traditional shampoos, it is a good idea to add moisture back in after. Just like we would put a face moisturizer on after using a face wash, the concept is similar. You can ensure total beard hydration by using Beard Oil. Items such as Zeus Natural Beard Oil are designed to rehydrate the hair and skin underneath. Put a few drops into your palm and work into the length of the beard. Zeus Natural Beard Oil is available in 5 scents, so there is something for everyone.